29th International Meeting on Organic Geochemistry1-6 September 2019 at Gothia Towers, Gothenburg, Sweden
The guiding principle of the International Meeting of Organic Geochemistry is to encourage presentation, communication and discussion of research results carried out in academia and industry in the fields of Organic Geochemistry with topics ranging from biogeochemistry to petroleum geochemistry.
A scientific programme will be designed to fulfill this goal, with an outstanding collection of oral and poster presentations to cover the diverse aspects of organic geochemistry research, its application and integration into studies highly relevant for the advance of the science and industrial applications..
More than 500 participants are expected to attend from all over the world with dozens of oral presentations and up to 500 poster presentations. In addition a number of specific workshops and an exhibition are also being organized to facilitate knowledge transfer and business among the geochemical community.
Monday 2 September 2019
- 10.45-12.00: Felipe Sales de Freitas (ChAOS) presents a talk on “Global patterns of reactivity and sources of organic matter in marine sediments: A coupled model and lipid biomarker approach” in the Plenary II session
- 13.30 – 15.00: Felipe Sales de Freitas (ChAOS) presents a poster on “Integrated data-model assessment of organic matter reactivity in the changing Barents Sea sediments” in the Cold Environment Poster Session
Tuesday 3 September 2019
- 17.10 – 17.30: Bart van Dongen (ARISE) presents a talk on “Mapping of pigment remnants in fossil material” in the Biomarkers Session
Wednesday 4 September 2019
- 15.25 – 15.45: Emma Burns (ARISE) presents a talk on “Fate of terrigenous nitrogen in East Siberian Arctic Shelf Sediments” in Cold Environment I Session
- 16.30 – 16.50: Mark Stevenson (ChAOS) presents a talk on “Changes in sedimentary organic matter burial across a retreating sea ice gradient in the Arctic Barents Sea” in Cold Environment II Session