The Ocean Sciences Meeting (OSM) is the flagship conference for the ocean sciences and the larger ocean-connected community. As we approach the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, beginning in 2021, it is increasingly important to gather as a scientific community to raise awareness of the truly global dimension of the ocean, address environmental challenges, and set forth on a path towards a resilient planet.
The Ocean Sciences Meeting 2020 is co-sponsored by AGU, the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO), and The Oceanography Society (TOS).
This meeting provides attendees the opportunity to bridge disciplines, connect communities, and make lasting partnerships.
Scientists from the Changing Arctic Ocean attending the Ocean Sciences Meeting are:
Monday 17 February 2020
Session HE12A – Arctic-North Atlantic Connectivity: Variability, Changes, and Impacts of Freshwater and Heat Exchange II (SDCC IB)
- 11:45 – 12:00 Damian Arévalo-Martínez ~ PETRA ~ “Sources and sinks of N2O in the subpolar and polar North Atlantic“
- 12:15 – 12:30 Yueng Lenn ~ PEANUTS ~ “Tracking Atlantic Water heat content anomalies from the sub-polar Atlantic to the Arctic“
Tuesday 18 February 2020
HE21A – Changing Biogeochemical Fluxes, Biodiversity, and Ecological Processes in the Polar Seas, with Special Emphasis on the Coastal Arctic and Sustaining an Integrated Arctic Ocean Observing System I (SDCC 1B)
- 08:15 – 08:30 Allyson Tessin ~ ChAOS ~ “Effects of sea ice coverage on sedimentary iron and manganese cycling at the Eurasian Arctic Margin“
Session OB24B – Benthic Controls on the Marine Silica Cycle: Continental Margins to Open Ocean (SDCC Poster Hall C-D)
- 16:00 – 18:00 Kate Hendry ~ ChAOS ~ “Benthic cycling of silicon in Arctic and subarctic shelf sediments: insights from silicon isotopes“
- 16:00 – 18:00 Christian März ~ ChAOS ~ “Sucking up the silica: Extensive authigenic clay mineral formation in Arctic shelf sediments?“
Thursday 20 February 2020
Session HE41A – Ecosystem Structure and Processes in a Changing Arctic I (SDCC-11B, UL)
- 09:00 – 09:15 Laura Hobbs ~ Arctic PRIZE ~ “Arctic zooplankton and the Lightscape of Fear: Behavioural Responses to Light Buffer Diel and Seasonal Changes in Visual Predation Risk“
Session HE42A – Ecosystem Structure and Processes in a Changing Arctic II (SDCC-11B, UL)
- 11:15 – 11:30 Camille de la Vega ~ ARISE ~ “Environmental change in the Arctic is reflected in the decadal trend of stable nitrogen isotopes in harp seal teeth over the past 60 years“
- 11:45 – 12:00 Fabian Grosse ~ Arctic PRIZE, PEANUTS ~ “A new framework for interregional comparisons of biogeochemical models across the Arctic Marginal Ice Zone“
Session HE44B – Ecosystem Structure and Processes in a Changing Arctic V (SDCC Poster Hall C-D)