In 2019, Goldschmidt will take place in Barcelona, Spain, from 18 to 23 August.
Session 10c “Arctic and sub-Arctic processes: Understanding changing ocean circulation and biogeochemistry” is co-convened by Michael Karcher, Christian Marz and Robyn Tuerena, along with Nuria Casacuberta, John Smith, and Lauren Kipp.
See below for details of oral and poster presentations by investigators in the Changing Arctic Ocean programme.
Tuesday 20 August
Session 10c: Flash Talk Theatre 2
- 10.25-10.30: Robyn Tuerena “Nutrient cycling in the Barents Sea: Insights from nitrate isotope measurements (ARISE Project)”
Session 08g, Room 133+134
- 16.45-17.00: Kate Hendry “Species-specific diatom silicon isotopes from the Benguela Upwelling System over the Late Quaternary”
Thursday 22 August
Session 10c: Poster theatre
- 17.30-19.30 (board 372): Kirsty Crocket “NERC Changing Arctic Ocean: Implications for marine biology and biogeochemistry”
Friday 23 August
Session 10c, Room 112
- 09.00-09.15: Sian Henley “Nutrient exchange at the Changing Arctic Ocean seafloor and implications for the water column”
- 0915.-09.30: James Ward “Benthic silica dynamics in the Northern High Latitudes: A pore water and reaction-transport model study”
- 09.30-09.45: Johan Faust “Does climate warming reduce preservation of organic carbon in Arctic marine sediments?”
- 09.45-10.00: Felipe Sales de Freitas “Quantifying benthic-pelagic coupling in the Changing Arctic Barents Sea”